Toilets are an essential commodity for all of us, and we all want the best toilet facilities for our homes and business. However, choosing a toilet suite isn’t as simple as it sounds. In modern marketplaces, toilets are available in such a huge variety that it often confuses the buyer on which toilet would be best for their use.
When purchasing a toilet for your home, you can narrow down your selection based on your bathroom decor or simply go with one that appeals to you the most. But when buying for a business, it is important to consider all the aspects related to the toilets, such as their sizes, inlet positions, standardizations, and many more things.
Therefore, this blog will help you understand about different types of toilets that are available for domestic and commercial use, along with their features. Let us begin.
Ceramic Toilets Vs. Stainless Steel Toilets
In general, the manufacturing of toilets is usually done with ceramic or stainless steel material. Ceramic toilets are more popular when buying a toilet suite for your home or hotel.
On the other hand, stainless steel toilets serve exceptionally well and have great demand in security, hospitality, public amenities, and health science fields. Both the toilet suites are differently capable and provide efficient outcomes for their desired purpose.
Advantages of Ceramic Toilets
- The primary benefit you get with a ceramic toilet is its appearance and aesthetics. As opposed to stainless steel toilets, they have a better look and design.
- Ceramic toilets essentially have a non-porous surface which means they are easy to clean and require low maintenance.
- Toilets made of ceramic substance are more economical than stainless steel toilets.
- They can be easily cleaned, which prevents them from staining and getting corroded.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Toilets
- Stainless steel toilet suites have robust manufacturing and are highly durable.
- They are ideal for high traffic places such as shopping malls or public amenities.
- The stainless steel toilets are extremely tuff and can last a lifetime.
- They are sturdy and can effortlessly handle the pressure of heavyweight people.
Find the best ceramic and stainless steel toilets of 2022 here!
What are Different Types of Toilet Suites?
There are a variety of toilets available in the market today based on their installation, costs, durability, positioning, accessories, and usage of water. Here are a few common toilet types that you must know of:
• Wall Facing Toilets
Wall facing toilets are an extremely popular choice among people, and they are directly connected to the wall. The toilet comes with a cistern that is directly attached to the toilet pan, making its operation easier and the toilet exceptionally practical in its use.
• Pan Toilets
Pan toilets, commonly known as wall faced pan toilet suites are the traditional toilets that most of us have used in childhood. They come with a tank attached to the toilet and a pipe through which the water flows from the tank. They are easy to install and are the least expensive among the all different types of toilets.
• Wall Mounted Toilets
Wall-mounted toilet suites are the ones that are directly pitted against your wall with the hidden tank unit inside the wall. They are stylish and take the least amount of space which makes them suitable for compact bathrooms. These kinds of toilets are a great option for hotel or restaurant businesses as your maintenance needs decrease significantly.
• Pedestal Toilets
Pedestal toilet suites are specially designed toilets for people who are specially-abled and have mobility challenges. They make the toilet structure accessible and easy to operate for people who face difficulty in going to normal toilets. These toilet structures are available in both ceramic and stainless steel options.
• Close Coupled Toilets
These are sturdy rectangular-shaped toilets with softly rounded corners and are constructed using a ceramic substance. They are suitable for high-traffic areas due to their limited maintenance demand. These toilets give you a soft feel and can be used in hospitals for patient needs.
Features to Look out for While Buying Toilets
Some crucial things must be kept in mind while buying toilets for your domestic or commercial use, such as:
- Check the manufacturer’s warranty as we often forget about the warranty when buying a toilet, and if anything goes wrong with the toilet, we may have to pay a lot of money to get it repaired.
- Consider the WELS rating and its water-saving capacity to help you save substantial water intake if buying for a busy place like shopping malls, restaurants, or hotels.
- Make sure you are buying an optimal quality product that maintains the hygiene of your bathroom and gives you a pleasant experience.
- The design of the toilet is another crucial factor you must consider so that the toilet seat can match the decor of your bathroom.
What’s Next for You?
Now that you are aware of different types of toilet suites, their features, and the things to consider while buying a toilet for your business, you can make up your mind and see what appeals best to you and fits in your budget. Britex has an enormous store with a variety of toilets suites available in both ceramic and stainless steel options. You may check out our store and find the best toilet suites for yourself.