When it comes to choosing the right workwear for the job, safety should always be your number one priority. And when it comes to safety, high visibility workwear, also known as hi-vis workwear, is essential.
But with so many alternatives available on the market, how do you know which type is best for you? Here’s what you must know before buying hi vis workwear Melbourne.
What To Look For When Buying High Visibility Workwear
When looking to buy hi vis workwear, it is important to find clothing that will protect you from potential hazards while on the job. Some important factors to consider include:
- The type of material the hi-vis workwear is made out of. Make sure it is durable and can withstand harsh conditions.
- Whether the clothing has reflective stripes or materials, this will help ensure you are visible in low-light conditions.
- Whether the clothing is waterproof or not. In case of turbulent weather, you’ll want to be sure your clothes will keep you dry.
- The ANSI/ISEA 107 standard defines the requirements for high visibility clothing. Make sure that any garments you purchase meet or exceed this standard.
- The level of reflectivity should be sufficient to make you visible from a distance of 500 feet under all lighting conditions.
- Look for bright colours and patterns that will make you stand out against your surroundings.
When shopping for hi-vis workwear, it is important to keep in mind all of the different potential hazards you could face on the job.
The Importance Of High Visibility Workwear
High vis workwear is important for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it keeps workers safe by making them more visible to other employees and motorists. It also helps to keep workers organised and focused on the task at hand, which can be critical in dangerous or high-stress work environments.
High visibility clothing also helps to protect workers from injuries by providing reflective surfaces that make them more visible in low-light conditions. And finally, hi-vis workwear is often made of durable materials that can withstand harsh weather conditions and abrasive workplace environments.
Types Of Components In High-Visibility Workwear
According to the NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are three types of high-visibility clothing:
1. High-visibility clothing with fluorescent materials is designed to be seen in low-light conditions and is the brightest yellow, green, or orange.
2. Retroreflective material – this type of material is designed to bounce light back towards its source and is brightest when hit by a light from directly in front of it.
3. Alternating panels of retroreflective and fluorescent materials – this type of clothing provides the best visibility at all distances and can be seen even when wet.
What Are The 3 Classes Of High-Visibility Clothing?
There are three classes of high-visibility clothing: Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3.
Class 1 clothing is designed to be seen from a distance of 100 metres in daylight conditions. It includes items such as safety pants.
Class 2 clothing is designed to be seen from a distance of 200 metres in daylight conditions. It includes items such as sleeveless vests.
Class 3 clothing is designed to be seen from a distance of 300 metres in daylight conditions. It includes items such as hi-vis jackets and hi-vis sleeved vests.
Industries That Need High Visibility Workwear
There are a few industries that really need hi-vis workwear in order to keep themselves safe while on the job. Some of these include:
- Law Enforcement
- Emergency Services
High visibility workwear helps these professionals stay safe by making them more visible to those who may be unable to see them clearly in low-light or dangerous situations. This type of clothing often features bright colours and reflective materials that make the wearer more visible even in poor lighting conditions or when hidden by darkness.
How To Choose The Right Type Of High Visibility Workwear
When it comes to choosing the correct hi-vis workwear, there are a few factors you’ll need to consider. Of course, the most important thing is to make sure that the clothing meets all of the safety standards required in your area. Beyond that, here are some other things to keep in mind:
Climate: Make sure you choose clothes that’s appropriate for the climate where you’ll be working. In cold weather, you’ll need something warm and insulated; in hot weather, you’ll want something light and airy.
Reflective Material: When it comes to high-visibility clothing, the OSHA standards state that workers will need a garment with reflective material for night work.
The type of apparel is determined by colour and visibility from 1000 feet or more than 5 metres away. Specifically, orange/yellow (retro), white, silver-green fluoro-reflective jackets are all permitted under the law if they meet other requirements like size restrictions.
Colours: You can be sure to meet the ANSI standard by wearing high-visibility clothing that is one of three colours. Your choices for these fluorescent hues are yellow-green, red, or orange/red (or any combination). No matter which one you choose, it’s important that they all have fluorescent qualities.
Where To Buy High Visibility Workwear Melbourne
You can find the best hi vis workwear Melbourne at WorkArmour Solutions.
We at WorkArmour Solutions take pride in being an intelligent choice when it comes to choosing quality workwear and high-visibility garments. Our priority is always the safety of your workers, which is why we offer only top-notch products for Melbourne workplaces.
A wide range thereof! If you need more information on selecting appropriate attire that will keep staff protected while they do their jobs safely, then get in touch with us here: email@example.com.